Thank you for your interest in the German American Heritage Center and Museum.
We are currently hiring for (1) position. Please find position description(s) and application information below.
Education and DEAI Coordinator (Full Time)
The German American Heritage Center in Davenport seeks an Education and DEAI Coordinator to support the goals and mission of the Center by performing duties including, but not limited to engaging with area schools and community groups, supporting DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion) initiatives, creating and executing special events, and managing and coordinating volunteers.
Title: Education and DEAI Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time 40 hours/week (Wednesday –Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm & Sundays 11:00am-5:00pm) Must be available some evenings.
$36,000 year salary, Benefits include: paid vacation time, Public Service Loan Forgiveness position.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
– Creating educational programs and tours
– Outreach to area schools
– DEAI coordination
– Community outreach
– Special event coordination
– Volunteer training & coordination
– Docent training & tours
– Membership acquisition and retention
– Manage facility rentals, assist with set up and tear down of event space
– Represent GAHC at community events
– Assist with planning and implementing social media campaigns
– Other projects as needed
Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in education, museum studies, communications, development, history, or related field OR 1-3 years experience in the field of museum education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, personable demeanor; ability to work in a close, team environment
- Experience in working with diverse populations and age groups
- Experience working with children; familiarity with a variety of teaching strategies and state educational standards
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity; familiarity with DEAI museum methods
- Knowledge of museum best practices and industry standards
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Capacity to exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility
- Familiarity with social media marketing, content production, and analytics
- Excellent communication skills, strong public speaking skills
- Demonstrated computer skills and management of database systems; this includes Bloomerang, Canva, Google Drive, Constant Contact, Sign Up, and Facebook Business Suite, WordPress, and other web applications
- Familiarity with the German language and culture a plus
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to work weekends and some evenings as requested and required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position requires the ability to do one or more of the following throughout the day: stand, walk, sit, bend, and reach above and below shoulder level. It involves frequent repetitive motion (typing, filing, etc.) This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs. The noise level in the work environment is highly variable, from quiet to loud.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to: Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is available immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.