Thank you for your interest in the German American Heritage Center and Museum.
The German American Heritage Center in Davenport seeks an administrative assistant to support the goals and mission of the Center by performing duties including, but not limited to, providing administrative support, managing membership database and mailings, coordination of facilities, and working on special projects.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director, Assistant Director
Status: Part-time ($16 per hour, 16+ hours per week, Tuesday–Friday 10:00am-2:00pm) Schedule negotiable. Weekend event assistance approximately once per quarter.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Update and manage member/donor software; data entry
- Schedule and organize meetings and facility rentals
- Event registration and ticket sales
- Answering and directing phone calls, emails
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail
- Mail quarterly newsletter, membership correspondence and renewals
- Update & maintain filing system
- Assist in daily upkeep of facilities (coordinating with vendors, restocking items, etc.)
- Keep inventory and order office supplies, assist in gift shop
- Assist the Executive Director on projects related to Board activities
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Previous experience in an office setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Knowledge of office administration practices and procedures
- Keen attention to detail and an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing databases,
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Docs
- A demonstrated commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
- Social media savvy
- Capacity to lift at least 20 pounds
- A valid driver’s license
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to: Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is available immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.